Skip to content
What is “Race”?
- Combining cultural discrimination and religious intolerance with democratic beliefs.
- Historically, an educational process used in schooling in the United States to destroy a people’s culture and replace it with the dominant Anglo-Saxon Protestant culture.
- Systematically used to destroy the cultural heritage of :
- Native Americans,
- African Americans,
- Mexican Americans,
- Puerto Ricans, and
- Immigrants from Asia, Ireland, Italy and Eastern Europe.
- Native American Boarding Schools
- Puerto Ricans — 1898, the Spanish -American War
How The US Suppressed Native American Identity
US Legal Decisions, Congressional Acts, & Student Diversity
Civilization Fund Act of 1819
Indian Removal Act (1830)
Civil Rights Act (1866)
Chinese Exclusion Act (1882)
Texas Court Ruling on Mexican Americans (1897)
Mendez et al. v. Westminster School District of Orange County (1946)
Delgado v. Bastrop Independent School District (1948)
McCarran-Walter Act of 1952
Immigration Act of 1965
Cisernos v. Corpus Christi Independent School District (1970)
Lau v. Nichols (1974)
<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: