|Learning Circle||Readings from: William Ayers. 2019. About becoming a teacher. New York : Teachers College Press.|
|LC1||1. Chapter Two, pages 11-20 | What practical steps can I take right now to prepare for a life in teaching?|
2. Chapter Five, pages 37-46 | What is my role in curriculum-making?
3. Chapter Eight, pages 67-72 | How do I work with parents (and with colleagues/administrators)?
|LC2||1. Chapter Three, pages 21-28 | How can I get to know my students?|
2. Chapter Six, pages 47-54 | What is my part in student assessment in an era of high-stakes, standardized testing?
3. Chapter Nine, pages 73-78 | How should I develop my own unique teaching signature?
|LC3||1. Chapter Four, pages 29-36 | How do I create an outstanding learning environment?Chapter Six, pages 47-54 | What is my part in student assessment in an era of high-stakes, standardized testing?|
2. Chapter Seven, pages 55-66 | How can I create some productive classroom arrangements and a bit of positive forward motion with a group of energetic (or disruptive!) kids
3. Chapter Ten, pages 79-84 | What commitments should I bring with me into the classroom?, and
Afterword, page 85 | the first day of school has arrived! — Ready . . . set . . . teach!