ED255 Blog Spot
Welcome to ED255 Blog Spot & WebLog Assignment
Working in a WordPress blogging environment, produce a weblog (on-line journal) to demonstrate your preparation for class and your engagement with course events including assigned readings, service learning, class discussions and more. Follow this link to a series of WordPress workshops.
Check out each other’s blogs! Everyone appreciates comments on their blog!
|Emma Janas||Liam Feeley||Ella Fisher|
|Katie Webb||Gabe Pavlak||Emily Knack|
|Jack Cardaman||Jillian McDonald|
|Leah Percassi Young||Morgan Wieczenski|
WebPost1: CLASS SURVEY
[When you have completed this first blog post, please publish it to the Internet and send the address to me in an email message. Use the email address you would like me to use to communicate with you this semester.]
You are welcome to develop answers to the following questions as you see fit. To that end, you are welcome to post any one or a combination of the following modalities: video, still images, podcast, text, etc.
- *What name do you prefer to be called? Do you have preferred pronouns?
- Hometown and photograph of you (inserted in your blog so we can learn your name).
- *Grade level and subject(s) that you want to teach or other professional aspiration.
- What are you into; what makes you special? Share a few “unique” aspects about yourself that would help our classroom community get to know you a bit. Are you on an athletic team? Sing in the choir? Are you trying out for a play? Painting? What are you planning on doing this semester in your life that is noteworthy?
- I want to know what you have been reading, whether for pleasure, school or otherwise. To this end, please share with the class a text that you have recently and fully encountered. (Include the reference to the text [chapter, article, website] and a paragraph about its significance to you).
Learning Style and more
6. *Being as specific as you can, what must be in place for you to feel comfortable taking intellectual and creative risks in a college classroom?
Education Past and Present
7. *Share a formative memory associated with reading or writing from your experiences as a student, k-12.
About Dr. Shutkin:
8. Do you have a question or two that you would like to ask me about myself or the class?
Now that you have completed your first blog post, please publish it to the Internet and send the address to me in an email message. Use the email address you would like me to use to communicate with you this semester.
Thank you and all good things,